Even if your soldier is fortunate enough to be in an FOB like Liberty or Victory, the PX's are seldom fully stocked, and the inventory evidently changes often. When our sons were deployed, they were constantly wanting new games, dvd's, snack food, their favorite toiletries and razors, sheets, and 'stuff from home'.

In the sidebar on the left, you will find links to American stores and businesses that actively support our military and their families.


And please, don't miss the Archived Section containing priceless information on shipping to your soldier! I will occasionally copy that post as new so that it will stay close to the top, as it contains valuable information.
______________________

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fox NFL Sunday Visits Our Troops in Afghanistan

I've always said if I could invite people to my 'fantasy dinner party', Terry Bradshaw would receive the first invitation. I've been a die-hard Cowboys fan since I was 9 years old when Ed Hayes and Bob Lilly came to our school in Round Rock, Texas with the old Punt, Pass & Kick program. But watching Terry Bradshaw and the Steelers was such great fun, and he's well.... adorable in a hilarious way. I can only imagine what fun it would be to spend a day listening to his stories.

Well, now All of the Fox NFL Sunday crew is on my fantasy dinner party invitation list! All these guys are class acts. Both my sons served in Iraq, and I know how precious these visits are to our troops.

From a mom of soldiers, I thank you all -- Terry, Howie, Michael, Jimmy, Curt, Jay, and all your crew -- from the very depths of my heart.
http://soldiers-mom.blogspot.com

No comments: